As part of the Minnesota House of Representatives’ Mini-Session, the House Taxes Committee and the House Taxes Committee — Property and Local Tax Division will hold combined informational hearings on Thursday, October 3, in Winona and Caledonia.
- The Winona hearing is set for 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Winona City Hall (207 Lafayette Street).
- The Caledonia hearing is slated for 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Four Seasons Community Center (900 North Kingston Street).
These public information hearings on property and local taxes will include testimony and discussion on what costs are increasing the most for local governments and the impact on the community.
Also, these hearing will include:
- A review of 2019 major law changes on property and local taxes and aids to local governments.
- Testimony from local officials on the main expenses their jurisdictions face, what costs are increasing most significantly, and challenges they face in setting budgets.
- Testimony from the public.
Source: Minnesota House Taxes Committee