Tour stops include Fairmont, Deer River, Grand Rapids, Marshall, Montevideo, New Ulm, Owatonna and Willmar
Commissioner Ricker will tour schools and visit with educators, students, administrators, parents and community leaders in Owatonna, Fairmont, New Ulm, Marshall, Montevideo, Willmar, Deer River and Grand Rapids to hear about the great work that educators and administrators are doing, and how the One Minnesota education budget will help them give the best education to our students.
The governor’s budget makes a historic investment in schools to close funding gaps so that every child has a good teacher, can receive individual attention, and has access to the materials they need to develop the knowledge and skills to compete in today’s economy. In total, Gov. Walz’s One Minnesota education budget invests $718 million in additional pre-K through grade 12 education funding over the next two years, and $159 million in additional funding to support Minnesota’s higher education system, including $47 million in grants to students.
Monday, April 15
- 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. — Owatonna Middle School, 500 15th Street NE, Owatonna
- 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. — Fairmont High School, 900 Johnson Street, Fairmont
Tuesday, April 16
- 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. — New Ulm Middle School, 414 S. Payne Street, New Ulm
- 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. — Marshall Middle School, 401 S. Saratoga Street, Marshall
Wednesday, April 17
- 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. — Sanford Education Center, 412 S. 13th Street, Montevideo
- Noon to 1:30 p.m. — Lakeland Elementary School, 1001 Lakeland Drive SE, Willmar
Thursday, April 18
- 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. — King Elementary School, 500 5th Street SE, Deer River
- 11:40 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. — Reif Performing Arts Center, 720 NW Conifer Drive, Grand Rapids
Contact Wendy Hatch at email@example.com or 651-582-8717 with any questions.