Source: U.S. Department of Education
The U.S. Secretary of Education is soliciting advice and recommendations from interested parties prior to publishing proposed regulations to implement programs under Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended. Programs under Title I are designed to help disadvantaged children meet high academic standards.
The Secretary invites advice and recommendations concerning topics for which regulations may be helpful to assist states, school districts, and schools to implement the new law. In addition, the U.S. Department of Education will convene two regional meetings at which interested parties may provide additional advice and recommendations.
To submit comments:
- Written comments are due on or before January 21, 2016.
- Submit your comments through the Federal eRulemaking Portal or via postal mail, commercial delivery, or hand delivery. We will not accept comments by fax or email. To ensure that we do not receive duplicate copies, please submit your comments only once. In addition, please include the Docket ID at the top of your comments.
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: Go to www.regulations.gov to submit your comments electronically. Information on using Regulations.gov, including instructions for accessing agency documents, submitting comments, and viewing the docket is available on the site under the “Help” tab.
- Postal Mail, Commercial Delivery, or Hand Delivery: If you mail or deliver your comments in response to this request, address them to Deborah Spitz, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue SW., Room 3E306, Washington, DC 20202.
Regional meetings will be held on two separate occasions:
- The first was held January 11, 2016, at the U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue SW., Washington, DC.;
- The second will be held January 19, 2016, at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), Carnesale Commons, Los Angeles, CA.
If you would like to present comments at the regional meetings, you must register by sending an email to ESSA.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. local time on January 12, 2016, for the Los Angeles meeting.
For more information and to submit your comments, visit federalregister.gov.