The Minnesota Senate Education Committee is meeting 1 p.m. today (Monday, October 26) to discuss school testing.
The agenda includes
- Reduction of state-required standardized tests.
- An update from Minnesota Board of Teaching on the MTLE.
- GED test status.
The meeting will be held in Room 200 of the State Office Building.
President Obama has recently called for a reduction in standardized testing. Click on the story links below for more information.
- Star Tribune: http://www.mnmsba.org/NewsClippingService/ctl/Edit/mid/%20http://www.startribune.com/sharing-blame-obama-calls-for-limits-on-testing-in-schools/336696081
- Pioneer Press: http://www.twincities.com/education/ci_29019336/obama-calls-cap-standardized-student-tests
- MPR: http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10/24/npr-obama-unnecessary-tests