One of the most fulfilling and powerful privileges of membership in MSBA is the opportunity for school board members to participate in the policymaking process. Good policymaking begins when a school board or a school board member, just like you, identifies an issue that needs to be resolved or a new idea is considered and submits a solution in the form of a resolution.
Authoring a resolution is a great way to get involved and create awareness of issues that need the attention of MSBA and state policymakers. During the legislative process, elected officials ask for MSBA’s resolutions because they respect what school board members think.
- Download the MSBA Resolution Form at http://www.mnmsba.org/Portals/0/Documents/2015ResolutionForm.rtf.
- Visit http://www.mnmsba.org/Portals/0/PDFs/SampleResolution2015.pdf to view a sample resolution form.
- Resolutions may be submitted until September 30 for consideration at the 2015 Delegate Assembly.
- For more information about writing legislative resolutions, please visit http://issuu.com/msbajournal/docs/septemberoctober2015 and read “You say you want a resolution?” on Pages 15-16.
- You can also direct any resolution-related questions to MSBA’s Grace Keliher at email@example.com or Denise Dittrich at firstname.lastname@example.org.